Travis Jones, Coordinator of Special Programs
Welcome to Federal Programs
This office, housed at the Madison County School District, is committed to providing a quality education for all students and timely customer service to all community and parent partners. The office and its staff are available to assist any student, parent and/or community member in understanding the role of federal grant dollars in the public schools of Madison County.
Federal Programs assist with funding for areas to improve the academic success of our District, schools and each individual student.
Parent's Right Statement
As a parent of a student attending a Title I Madison County School, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teachers and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s teachers:
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of circumstances.
- The teacher’s college of major, and any advanced degrees, if so, the subjects and degrees
- Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child, and if they do, their qualifications.
In addition you have the right to be provided information on your child’s level of achievement on the Florida Standard Assessments. This information will be available at your child’s school.
2021-22 Parent and Community Information Information
- 2020--2021 District PFEP.pdf (1.4 MBs)
- 2020.2021 School CNA LES.docx (2.2 MBs)
- MCHS-Parent-and-Family-Engagement-Plan-2020.docx (65.2 KBs)
- 2020-21 MCCS Family Engagement Plan.docx (70.2 KBs)
- 2020-2021 Pinetta Elementary School Parent and Family Engagement Plan.docx (67.6 KBs)
- 2020.2021 PES CNA.docx (2.2 MBs)
2021-22 Approved Grant Applications
2021-22 Title I, Part A Annual Parent and Family Meetings
Private School Complaint Procedure
Private school officials have the right to complain to the Florida Department of Education if they believe that Madison County Schools did not engage in timely and meaningful consultation or did not consider their views. The complaint form should be submitted to the Florida Department of Education, Office of Federal Programs, Turlington Building, 325 West Gaines Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32399-0400.
To learn more about the complaint procedure visit the FDOE website at: http://fldoe.org/policy/cie/file-a-complaint.stml